- 2 tsp dried root decoct for 1/2 hour, steep 1 hour
- As powder, 2x 400 to 500mg tablet 2x per day
- As extract 1x 400 to 500 mg tablet 2x per day
- Most stimulating adaptogen – good for weak and exhausted people and for treating Chronic fatigue in part due to anti-oxidant effects
- The major active ingredient ginsenosides in studies exhibit anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and anti-apoptotic mechanisms and exert various effects involving stress and the immune system in the nervous system including the brain
- Regulates HPA axis, adrenal glands, pancreas, circulation and immune system
- As immune amphoteric, normalises immune response in allergies and auto-immune conditions and restores depleted immune resources in cancer and chronic fatigue immune deficiency syndrome
- Treats and prevents atherosclerosis by reducing unhealthy blood lipids, enhances circulation and is anti-oxidant
- Treats mild type 2 diabetes by reducing blood glucose
- Increases endurance potential and levels of anti-oxidant enzymes catalase and superoxide dismutase
- Neuro-protective and effective in treating / preventing Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Disease and possibly also Huntingdon’s Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Type A personality or people with insomnia and hypertension – avoid large doses and avoid drinking coffee
- Can easily cause overstimulation inducing anxiety in people with type A personality
- Can worsen insomnia or hypertension in people with this condition
- May increase effects of medications that lower blood sugar and MAOI anti-depressants
A quick request …
This post and this blog is dedicated to my fundraising to end bullying. Please click on the link below to find out more and to make a donation or text HUGG47 £5 to 70070. Thanks!
Winston, D. & Maimes, S. (2007). Adaptogens: Herbs for strength, stamina and stress relief. Rochester, VT: Healing Arts Press
Effects of Panax ginseng in Neurodegenerative Diseases by Ik-Hyun Cho
Implications of red Panax ginseng in oxidative stress associated chronic diseases by Lee et al.
Antifatigue Effects of Panax ginseng by Kim et al.
Effects of Panax ginseng extract on exercise-induced oxidative stress by Kim et al.