Welcome! Here you’ll find the best of what I’ve learned from years of personal experience as well as MA studies in nutrition and health to help you with your health and to realise your own health potential.
I also geek out massively about nutrients and the nutritional value and function of foods – and that is the core of what i share here: how nutrients can both heal and also empower you to optimal health.
a quick guide to this site:
Click the tabs above or to the side to find my posts containing:
- Bite sized summaries about the nutritional value and functional benefits of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, as well as my favourite fruit, vegetables and medicinal herbs
- Tips to help you with your digestion as the foundation for your health is both what you eat and more importantly what you digest!
- Healthy recipe ideas – like how to make Kefir and chocolate, as well as a brain and liver boosting juice!
- Nutrition tips for sport performance – why not get more from your exercise? I am actively training to find my athletic potential and sharing what i learn here
- Tips of brain health – including how to clear the blues and insights such as how to optimise the function of our neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine, serotonin and GABA for weight management … and more!
All this is my little gift to you from my heart, as I am passionate about both helping you with your health.
Above all this site is about a health quest I invite you to be a part of … a quest about discovery and the mysteries about health that I continually unravel and marvel at …
Presently I am undergoing a new athletic challenges – which include cycling faster and further than i have ever done before. After a taste last summer of that challenge, i know i will need to change my habits to carry on to my next set of goals. And my aim through this is to enhance, empower and enlighten both myself and you … and the world if i can!
As i change, as i keep on track with my goals, i’ll be sharing what i learn here. In 2006 I was diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome and still to this day it is literally crippling me. Yet through it all, i have found advanced skills in many sports, and many, many unique insights due to the nature of my physical disorder. So invite you to join me on this new quest – i’ll be posting updates as i go along to help you!
Right now, I am training myself for an epic cycle ride – the Paris Brest Paris 1,200km event. This is further than i have ever been in one go – and i will have 80 hours maximum to complete the event too!
I’m training for this event in loving memory of my father John who died of Alzheimer’s. So I am raising funds for the vital work that Alzheimer’s society do.
So please – be a hero and support this mission! Visit my fundraising page to make a kind donation today!